Friday, July 31, 2015

Bucket potatoes from kitchen scraps.

   I have heard so many people say you can't grow potatoes from store bought potatoes because. They spray sprout inhibitor on them, which I really thought had to be wrong because those little suckers sprout in my kitchen before I can use a whole bag typically!

   So I threw some in a few buckets and bins I had and didn't put any effort into them at all. I didn't water or fertilize them but since most of the green was gone on them I decided to see how they did today. I have one bin that still has green on it so I will leave it until August, like you are supposed to.

   It's not really an impressive harvest until you consider I never spent any money or time on these. They were just going to be trash or compost.


These are going to be paired with green beans and canned. (If they last that long because I love baby potatoes!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment