Friday, July 31, 2015

Blueberry picking and canning.

   I ordered a new canner and it arrived all shiny and ready to make the world, or at least my kitchen a better place.


Since my garden hadn't given up any goods yet I had to find something to can!

   My family went to a blueberry farm this week and picked 12 pounds if blueberries in about a half hour (well I was at it 45 minutes because I looked down and realized the basket was lacking because I somehow ate a goodly portion of them! So I took a few extra minutes to make up my share!) 
   It ended up costing $35 dollars for all the berries. Which I have only used about half of so far. 

   We started with this:

And ended up with 18 jars in the canner:


I made blueberry/peach pie filling and canned blueberries and grape and blueberry juice. ( the plain white grape juice was just icky and watery but the mixed one with blueberries was pretty tasty.


   I love the new canner and will be canning the remaining berries tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment