Monday, August 10, 2015

Zucchini candy


   I made zucchini candy last week and it was a hit at home & work here is how you can do it. You can finally use that giant zucchini you didn't know what to do with!

You take big zucchini and peel and seed it, cut the rest into strips about an inch wide and 2 or 3 inches long about 1/4 inch thick. Other sizes work but these did best. Then pour 2 packets of koolaid (generic is fine) with 2 1/2 cups sugar & 3 cups water  over your zucchini and 3 cups of water (I added more because my pot was full of zucchini and it was fine) bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes until zucchini is translucent and filled with color ( I did purple and it was ugly) attain off koolaid (you can use the same juice for another batch) put in the dehydrator over night and you don't want them crunchy, more gummy worm like. I put a half cup sugar and a teaspoon of citric acid in the grinder until it was fine and when the candy came out I tossed it in the mixture. It makes it like candy but also stops it from sticking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment